Now that you have poured sweat, tears, and efforts into preparing your dissertation, the good news is it’s completed before the deadline. No doubt, you will be in a jovial mood right away, but there are lots of things to do still now. Yes, you guessed it right, the proofreading phase. Dissertation proofreading is a hectic task, and you have to do that with utmost precision. Even the smallest of errors will have a significant impact on your grades. So, now the big question: How to proofread your dissertation? Yes, there are certain hacks this blog will discuss. Let’s have a look:
- Leave enough time to proofread: Completing your dissertation before the last bell isn’t a wise decision. Yes, you can submit it, but your paper will contain lots of errors. So, leave some time in hand to proofread your dissertation and correct the mistakes thereon.
- Get prepared: Before you begin the dissertation proofreading process, you need to know about your weak spots. For instance, you can be bad at grammar or punctuation, and in that case, you should be extra careful regarding these aspects during proofreading.
- Search for major issues: While going through your dissertation, detect the large mistakes in your writing, for example, missing a part or leaving a paragraph incomplete. If you want to polish your writing style, you can also delete repetitive and redundant sentences and structure your information in a better fashion. Also, make formatting changes if necessary.
- Look for consistency: You want to ensure that your dissertation follows the same style throughout. Aspects like language, vocabulary usage, and tone of voice are to be considered in this regard. Make sure the way you have used the sources, hyphenation, and capital letters are exactly the same throughout your entire write-up.
- Use Word functions: Microsoft Word is undoubtedly the most popular tool for creating any kind of document. This software not only comes in handy for dissertation proofreading but also helps to track down your writing mistakes. Use the search option to look for identical mistakes that you have already committed.
For both students and researchers, writing a flawless dissertation is a mountainous task. However, it won’t be so if you are acquainted with the dos and don’ts. And yes, never give proofreading a miss as it will cost your marks. Follow the above tips while proofing your dissertation and secure higher grades without any help.